Your library card is FREE! You may use it at the Main Library and at CPL- Lyons Center for computer use. In addition, your card may be used at any RiverShare member library and at participating "Open Access" Iowa libraries.


Damaged, worn, and lost or stolen cards can be replaced for a $1 fee. If your library card is lost or stolen, immediately contact the library, so that unauthorized use of your card can be prevented. Required forms of ID are necessary for staff to access an account for a replacement card. Children 13 years old and under must have a parent or guardian present to receive a replacement card.


Change in Personal Information

Please contact the library when there is a change in your name, address, or phone number. To update your notification preference online, click here to log into your account (your password is the last 4 digits of your phone number) and choose Contact Information and Preference.


Your Card is Your Responsibility

 You are responsible for all materials checked out on your library card and for fines and charges accrued. 


  • All residents of the city of Clinton are eligible for a FREE Clinton Public Library card.

  • Clinton property owners residing outside the city of Clinton-will need to provide a copy of your current Iowa property tax statement to receive your FREE card

  • Out of state residents pay an annual subscription fee of $50, which encompasses all members of the household.

  • Children under the age of 14 must have a parent or legal guardian co-sign their card application. Parents or legal guardians are responsible for all overdues, fines, and bills accrued on a minor's library card.

  1. Please fill out a library card application at the front desk. The information on your application is confidential and is protected by Section 22.7(13) of the Code of Iowa and the library's Confidentiality of Records Policy.

  2. Valid ID: All applicants must provide a valid identification verifying their Clinton address. Adults may obtain a card by providing valid ID that verifies their name and current street address. Children's applications must be co-signed by a parent or legal guardian showing valid ID. Many types of ID that include your current address are acceptable (along with ID that verifies the name), including the following:

  • Iowa Driver's License

  • Iowa State ID

  • Voter's Registration Card

  • Imprinted checks

  • Passport

  • Utility Bill

  • Pre-printed lease agreement

  • First-class mail in an envelope postmarked within the last 30 days

  • Vehicle Registration Card

  • Payroll Stub



If you are currently living in transitional housing, call the library for further information about getting a library card at 563-242-8441.

Clinton Public Library brings people, ideas, and information together to support lifelong learning and strengthen our community.

© 2017 by Clinton Public Library. Proudly created with